Care for your Jewellery
All Redki – Couture Jewellery ® is traditionally handcrafted and is very delicate. The metal is plated in either Rhodium plating or 22ct Hard Gold Plating and each Swarovski Crystal is individually handset.
Special care is required for your handcrafted Redki ® jewellery. Please follow our care instructions to ensure your lovely pieces maintain their original condition below:
- Store your jewellery in the original packaging provided to prevent and avoid scratches and dust. Pieces may be delicate so care should be taken when wearing and storing.
- Your jewellery should be the last thing that you put on when dressing and the first things to take off when undressing to protect it.
- Remove jewellery before: washing your hands, bathing, showering, swimming, or any physical activity that includes perspiration and avoid contact with water.
- Avoid: exposure to cleaning products, chlorine, salt water, nail polish removers, body lotions, soap, perfume, hairspray, body oils and other chemicals may damage your piece; as these could harm the metal and reduce the life of the plating, and can cause metal plating discoloration and loss of crystal brilliance.
- Avoid hard contact (i.e., knocking against objects) that can scratch or chip the crystal.
- To clean your jewellery, gently use the microfiber cloth provided over the crystals, beads and metal components before putting away, do NOT soak in any liquid jewellery cleaners.
- By wiping over your jewellery after each wear will increase the life of your jewellery.
- Damage from careless wear/storage (including water damage or any listed above) is not the responsibility of Redki – Couture Jewellery® and is not covered by warranty.
Redki – Couture Jewellery ® is handmade – the metal components we use are: Mostly earring hooks and posts are nickel free; this includes: sterling silver and 14 gold filled earring hooks. Some studs are either brass or a base metal of which are rhodium plated or hard 22ct gold plated. The metal used is clearly stated in the description of the product. When sourcing our components we always purchase nickel free, however, even though all cautions are taken, we advise that traces of nickel may be found in our jewellery.
Redki ® jewellery is handmade
To keep the sparkle of your beautiful swarovski crystal Redki – Couture Jewellery ® use the microfibre cloth provided to clean your jewellery by gently wiping over after wear and placing directly into the jewellery box it came in to protect it.
All our exquisite jewellery embellishing is set by hand, therefore, each piece will vary slightly.
Please take special care of embellished pieces & refrain from getting perfume, moisturiser, body sprays or hairspray on them as this will shorten the life of your jewellery and shorten the life of the plating.
Please read above in ‘Care for your Jewellery’ instructions.
We source our leathers from all over the world to find the most suitable leather for each specific product. We highly recommend you spray your new Redki ® leather product with a quality leather protector & continue to condition it with a leather cream.
Please do not condition or moisturise metallic leather. Avoid getting moisture on any metal hard-wear, including the zips, embellishments & buckles, crystals, pearls, clasps. Our leather is intended to develop a vintage look with wear. Be aware that light colour leather marks easily, so extra care should be taken. Makeup, moisturiser will be absorbed into light coloured leather as it is an absorbent material.