Care for your Jewellery?
Redki ® jewellery is handmade – the metal components we use are: Mostly earring hooks and posts are nickel free; this includes: sterling silver and 14 gold filled earring hooks. Some studs are either brass or a base metal of which is rhodium plated or hard 22ct gold plated. The metal used is clearly stated in the description of the product. When sourcing our components we always purchase nickel free, however, even though all cautions are taken, we advise that traces of nickel may be found in our jewellery.
All Redki ® fashion jewellery is traditionally hand crafted and is very delicate. The metal is plated in either Rhodium plating or Gold Plating and each Swarovski Crystal is individually handset. Special care is required for your hand crafted Redki ® jewellery. Please follow our care instructions below.
- Store your jewellery in the original packaging provided to prevent and avoid scratches and dust. Pieces may be delicate so care should be taken when wearing & storing.
- Your jewellery should be the last thing that you put on when dressing and the first things to take off when undressing to protect it.
- Remove jewellery before washing hands, swimming, and/or applying products (e.g., perfume, hairspray, soap, or moisturisers, body sprays), as this could harm the metal and reduce the life of the plating, as well as cause discoloration and loss of crystal brilliance.
- Avoid contact with water – remove when washing hands, do NOT wear in the shower.
- Avoid hard contact (i.e., knocking against objects) that can scratch or chip the crystal.
- To clean your jewellery, gently use a microfiber cloth over the crystals, beads and metal components before putting away, do NOT soak in any liquid jewellery cleaners.
- By wiping over your jewellery after each wear will increase the life of your jewellery.
- Damage m careless wear/storage (including water damage) is not the responsibility of ‘Redki ®.
Redki ® jewellery is handmade
To keep the sparkle of your beautiful swarovski crystal Redki ® jewellery use a microfibre cloth to clean your jewellery by gently wiping over after wear and placing directly into the jewellery box it came in to protect it.
All our exquisite jewellery embellishing is set by hand, therefore, each piece will vary slightly.
Please take special care of embellished pieces & refrain from getting perfume, moisturiser, body sprays or hairspray on them as this will shorten the life of your jewellery and shorten the life of the plating.
We source our leathers from all over the world to find the most suitable leather for each specific product. We highly recommend you spray your new Redki ® leather product with a quality leather protector & continue to condition it with a leather cream.
Please do not condition or moisturise metallic leather. Avoid getting moisture on any metal hard-wear, including the zips, embellishments & buckles, crystals, pearls, clasps. Our leather is intended to develop a vintage look with wear. Be aware that light colour leather marks easily, so extra care should be taken. Makeup, moisturiser will be absorbed into light coloured leather as it is an absorbent material.